Wheatgrass juice is prepared from cotyledons of a wheatplant. Wheatgrass is made into powder or juice before being released into the market, wheatgrass is also available in the market in other different forms such as sprays, cream, gel, massage lotion and liquid herbal supplement. Wheat grass is gluten free thus avoiding health problems such as Celiac’s disease which attacks the small intestine and wheat allergy. Wheatgrass is said to have many health benefits ranging from providing supplemental nutrition and having curative features for some diseases.
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass has many health benefits, and they include:
- Wheatgrass juice is used in removing any kind of heavy metals from the body and reduces high blood pressure by enhancing the flow of blood in the capillaries.
- Wheatgrass consumption reduces effects of carbon monoxide by increasing hemoglobin production which ensures there is more oxygen being circulated in the body. Wheatgrass juice also dissolves scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acidic gasses. It is also used as a body cleanser, rebuilder and neutralizer of toxins.
- Wheatgrass is high in magnesium which helps a lot in reduction and elimination of constipation and keeping of bowels open.
- It is an excellent skin cleanser and is absorbed through the skin for nutrition, it is also high in enzymes and works miracles in all kinds of skin disorders.
- It is effective in healing skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis, it cures acne, removes scars from the body and keeps the hair from graying.
- Due to the high levels of chlorophyll in wheatgrass the brain and body tissues operate at optimal levels, bloodstream is also rebuild by the presence of chlorophyll which also eliminates the growth of bacteria in the body.
- Wheatgrass helps in reducing damaging effects of radiation due to the presence of the enzyme SOD which is an anti-inflammatory compound.
- Used in liver detoxification and chemically neutralization of environmental pollutants which may have serious effects on human health.
- Wheatgrass also lowers excess acidity in the blood and heals peptic ulcers, diarrhea, gastrointestinal complaints and constipation.
- Cancer prevention through the fine chlorophyll present in wheatgrass. Wheatgrass has a lot of powerful anti-oxidants and anti -cancer agents.
- Candiasis: Wheatgrass has an anti-bacteria effect which creates an unfavorable environment for yeast and bacteria growth.
- Wheatgrass also has an ability to regulate blood sugar level thus helping diabetic patients live a normal life.
- Wheatgrass is used as a weight control agent by relieving the of cravings and reducing that huge urge to eat every now and then.
- Wheatgrass is used in anaemia treatment due to the high iron content, it is a great blood builder and ensures there is a large increase in red blood cells. It also regenerates and re -empowers red blood cells buy supplying fresh oxygen.
- Wheatgrass is used in Alzheimer’s disease prevention by removing heavy metals from the body. Wheatgrass also helps in preventing mental diseases which may be caused by lack of enough oxygen in the brain.
Wheatgrass may not have a great taste nor appear to be of such importance but it’s among the most powerful nutritional and curative plants. With all these benefits and functions it is sought frequently for numerous applications.